He wanted a rainbow cake, but we were running out of time, so all he got was a yellow and green cake (yellow is his favorite color). You can see some of our chaos in the background. It was SO much fun having all my family here, but I think it will take me at least a week to get everything back together.
Here are 8 things I love about him:
1. He is so determined. Although he often gets frustrated, he never gives up. He always wants to be the best and he's going to keep at it until he is. He must have done over a hundred flips on the trampoline before he landed on his feet.
2. He is very sensitive to the spirit. I told him once at FHE that someday he will have to pray and ask Heavenly Father if the Church is true. He told me he already has and he already knows that it is.
3. He is very responsible. He cleans his own room, makes his own bed, gets himself ready for school (including making his lunch), all with minimal reminding.
4. He has a beautiful singing voice and some great dance moves (the singing voice Jeff is okay with; the dance moves he is not.)
5. He has the best laugh. Really and truly.
6. He loves to dress up for church. And sometimes at home when the girls are in their play dresses. So we bought him a nice suit for his birthday. He looks great (must remember to take a pic)
7. He is a saver. He has saved over $50 during the past few years and when I asked what he is going to buy, he said, "I'm saving it for my mission."
8. He is a great helper. I always thought I wanted to have a girl first, to help me with the kids, but he is a great brother. He loves his sisters and Carter and looks out for them. I'm truly blessed to be his mom.
11 comments:
Can't believe that Damon got baptized!! I love the sweet pictures of him. He has the greatest smile too!
And oh my gosh, he is so SWEET! Already prayed about church, little boy singing voice, dressing spiffy and saving for a mission!? You know that he is SERIOUSLY marrying Tatum, right? Just checking... :)
WOW!!! 8?????? Amazing!! Why do kids insist on growing up? He looks so handsome in all his bday pictures and I just LOVE that his favorite food is sushi. That's amazing. Mostly CA rolls or everything?
I still remember him as the Hamburglar. Can't believe he is baptized. What a wonderful kiddo you have there!
And how fun to get in a visit with the Whitesides!
Wowsers! YOU have an 8 year old! You do realize that this ages you above me, right? He looks so cute in his dad's shirt and shoes! Cute idea!
I am so amazed that he is already 8! I mostly remember him as a cute little toddler. He is still a cute kid. You look gorgeous in those pictures, by the way!
Congratulations, Damon, on your decision to be baptized! Your Heavenly Father and family are proud of you!
Congratulations! WHat a sweet boy he is. You look great!
what a handsome 8 year old he is...
you feeling old? ;)
what a great accomplishment! he's such a good example for his sisters and brother!
Wow, I haven't seen the Whitesides in forever! I remember when they started dental school out there. Fun! And Happy Birthday, Damon!
I've always liked that boy of yours. He's a special one, that's for sure. I'm so glad I was able to be there with your family on his baptism day. His geode and his new yellow blanket were definitely two of my favorite conversations with him...well that and him asking who was cheering for Argentina and who was cheering for Germany and him deciding not to cheer for either team. That was pretty funny too. PS... Spain won! :)
Post a Comment