Monday, May 07, 2007

Haircut

So, a couple of years ago I started cutting Jeff's hair so we could save some money and I must admit that he has put up with more than his fair share of bad haircuts in the meantime, including the time I ended up in the bathroom crying because I made it look so bad. But I have gotten better and even though I will never be offering to cut anyone else's hair, I feel pretty confident about cutting his. Now, you'd think that because it is free and because I am fairly flexible in my schedule, he would be more likely to keep his hair fairly short. But he doesn't. He likes to wait until it's so long that it's curling toward his ears. This time was particularly long and I had to document it with a picture.
Because it was so long, I tried to go a little shorter than I usually do (I avoid the smaller guards because you can't hide your mistakes with those very well), and it's not perfect. But the good thing is that hair grows and unless you really are looking at it, you can't tell. Here's the after shot.

Ahhh. Isn't that so much better? I love when he gets his hair cut, so you think that would be incentive to do it more, but I haven't found that to be the case yet. I have to admit that I am looking forward to the day when I don't have to do it anymore because it always looks better when someone who actually knows what they are doing takes a stab at it. But at least for now it's a way to save money and practice learning a new skill.

1 comment:

Heather B said...

Wow, excellent job! I had to smile at your post cause I am "learning" to cut Samuel's hair, and have messed up several times too, and felt so horrible I swore I'd never try again. But I end up trying again. Our neighbor gave me a lesson last time on how to use scissors. I'm still a little scared of clippers.