A couple of quotes:
"Mom, I drank so much water it made my pee silver."
"You mean clear?"
"Yeah, it made my pee clear."
--Damon, commenting on his bathroom observations
"Sometimes when I listen to this song tears come out because I love it so much."
--Damon, listening to the primary song "Tell me, Dear Lord"
"How's school, Damon? Good? K."
--Allie, responding to her own question after Damon refused to talk to her.
Do you know what really bugs me? Children's books that are "partial rhymers." Do you know what I'm talking about? Some pages rhyme and some don't and it's hard to tell exactly how to read it. And then there are books that try to rhyme throughout and don't make a lot of sense. I know it's not easy to get published as a children's author, but a lot of the books I have read to my kids are just really poorly written. And it bugs me.
It's cooled down again, thankfully, and it's actually been very pleasant. We haven't had rain in a few weeks and our stake even asked us to fast for rain. We just can't seem to get away from that. You'd think in Florida it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but with the fires burning in southern Georgia, we're in desperate need of some assistance. Sunday brought a few drops (Damon thinks it's because he's been praying for rain, although he wasn't sure why it didn't rain mroe), but none to Georgia.
The kids are doing better, sleeping all night again, I'm happy to report. I just wish I could sleep all night, because I know that soon I won't be and I'd like to enjoy these last couple of weeks. Too bad the last month of pregnancy makes that impossible.
Well, that was a really random post but it's all I got today. I think I stayed up too late watching the Jazz game (only the first half and it was almost midnight) and I'm not fully functioning today. It was worth it, though...go Jazz!
2 comments:
I love these posts, they make me laugh so hard. How funny that Allie answers herself. (Thanks for the cute message from her by the way!) And Damon loving that song, how cute. I didn't know the Jazz moved on, I need to follow them better.
You know what else really bugs me about kid's books along with inconsistent rhyming? When the beat is off so there is no rhythm.
Post a Comment