So, today I am officially pregnant longer than I ever have been before. Allie came 9 days early, Damon was three weeks early and Chance was 4 months too early. I don't know what to do with myself! The waiting is so hard, especially knowing that it could happen at any time. Every little pain I feel I start wondering, "Is this it?," but so far it hasn't. I don't think it would be so bad, either, if I hadn't been so lightning quick last time, either. I don't sleep very well, wondering if I'm going to wake up suddenly with contractions and have to rush to the hospital. During the day, it's not so bad, because I'm basically ready to go, but as soon as the sun starts going down at night, I start feeling anxious and nervous about not getting through the night. It's really a terrible feeling and I will be glad when this part is over.
The other hard thing about the waiting is that I really don't have anything planned to do every day. We didn't go to the beach yesterday because I was worried about being so far from the hospital. Jeff and Damon didn't go to Fathers and Sons last weekend because I was worried about them being an hour away. Jeff has had the last couple of days off and we're all just sitting around, not wanting to do anything but wait. It's getting maddening...
Okay, well, I'm sure that when this baby finally decides to come I will laugh about complaining about TOO much free time, but that's just the way it is right now. This baby may be waiting for my mom and Kimmy, who come Tuesday, so I will try to just enjoy myself until then. Wish me luck...
3 comments:
I can't believe you're a 4 and you haven't gone into labor yet! Here's hoping all the lights on the way to the hospital are green.
I am so surprised that they haven't taken her yet. We know that everything happens for a reason. I know you are anxious to see her little face and hold her. Enjoy your free time and get some sleep while you can. . . you know it's nearly the end of that. Enjoy the visit with your mom and Kimberlee. Much love is sent to you from Utah :)
Any baby news? We're all anxiously awaiting. But no one more than you, of course. Hope everything goes like a dream.
Post a Comment