Tuesday, June 19, 2007
my mouth
A word about communication. It's obviously important to make sure we are understanding one another and Allie made that clear to me the other night. I don't know if you struggle with your kids the way we do with ours, but we are always "reminding" Damon and Allie that they need to keep their food in the kitchen or dining room. They just can't seem to remember and our carpet is proof of that. The other night, I found Allie drinking her milk in the family room again. Remaining calm, I took her cup from her, put it on the small table in the kitchen, and asked, "Where do we drink our milk, Allie?" Fully expecting her to recite our rule about only eating food in the kitchen as she has so many times before, I was a little caught off guard when she looked up at me with those big eyes and said, "In my mouth." How could I not smile at that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
:) Too cute
You must share the Refi/Nephi story... Maybe you already did. I am catching up on your blog. That story is soooo funny!
Post a Comment