Disclaimer: For some reason, I can't move my pictures around, so they are not in the order I wish they were in. Sorry about that. Feel free to skip this post if that bugs you.
- Start with Black Cherry because it is the least pretty (I didn't use this one, and I also forgot orance. I still have some work to do to get it right). Dissolve one small package of jell-o in one cup hot water. Divide the jell-o into two bowls. Add 1/3 c. sour cream to one and 3T water to the other. Start with the "creamy" Black Cherry layer on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Let chill approximately 35-40 minutes in the fridge while the "clear" Black Cherry sits on the counter. When creamy layer has set up enough, pour clear layer on.
- Repeat for all 14 layers in any order you like, but if you want to be correct, go red, orange, yellow, green, blue and then purple.
- It takes a good portion of the day, but it's not hard to make. You can see that it was a big hit, even with Laurie, Greg and Noel.
4. Grandparents. My kids were so excited to see their grandma and grandpa, and it was fun to introduce Ky Ky to them.
5. Camping weather in November. We had a great time camping at the Osceoloa National Forest, about an hour from here, despite the many LARGE spiders we shared a campsite with. I am especially thankful for the kind "helpers" (Damon's term) that cut our wood, split it for us, and got our fire going. Apparently an Eagle Scout from the west does not necessarily know the tricks of firemaking in the soggy south. The kids are already asking when we can go back, and Allie is hoping we can have cookies for breakfast again (we had Pop Tarts). I was worried we would be too cold (it was supposed to get down to 30 degrees), but we were fine, even Kyla.
8 comments:
Thanks for the instructions for the rainbow jello, I've always wanted to learn how to make it. I'll have to give it a try some time. It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.
I am for sure going to try the rainbow jello! Thanks!!
My question is two fold :) Is it any good...the rainbow jello and is it good enough to go through the trouble? :)
The rainbow jell-o looks great! (it's hard to get those layers even, I know!) Kyla looks super cute in cheetah pants and also a beanie! I'm glad you had a fun turkey day. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.
I have never heard of rainbow jello. And I must say I am AMAZED. I can't wait to try it!
I love the picture Kyla in the hat. She is adorable!
Camping! Oh it sounds so fun! That is the one thing I wanted to do this summer, but never did. I need to get a tent first. We went 2 years ago and my kids loved it!
You're a trooper for going camping with all your kids. We haven't attemped that one yet. Thanks also for the rainbow jello recipe. My sis-in-law Lara makes that sometimes, and I love it. Also (back to your b-day post) be careful when you say that 30 is old!
LOVE the photo of Kyla in the hat! Too cute!
Post a Comment