I forgot about a couple of other things that I would like to blame on pregnancy (shocking, isn't it?).
#1-I can't exercise. That seems fairly obvious, but I had high hopes of taking my kids for walks on these beautiful Jacksonville mornings, but I just can't do it; I get too sore. It feels like when you do a bunch of sit-ups and wake up with sore abs the next day, except this pain is several inches lower. I find myself lifting up my belly, hoping it will help. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It's awfully annoying.
#2-I am definitely more emotional than I used to be. I wrote a while back that I was crying (fairly hard, actually) at the end of Mr. Holland's Opus. I failed to write that I only watched the end, yet still managed to get very emotional only seeing the end. Mostly, I think it's a good thing, because I "get a little misty" (my dad's term) when I feel touched and I'm glad that's often. However, when I nearly burst into tears because Allie has poured a bag of chip crumbs on the floor after I have just vacuumed or sneaked the same box of cereal for the fifth time and is sitting down ON the table to eat it (both of which happened this morning, by the way), I think it's going a bit too far. I am looking forward to being able to sit through American Idol without wiping away any tears, but that may not happen for a while (if I remember post-delivery at all).
Speaking of American Idol, I am a bit ticked off by what happened last night. I got home from book club at 11:00 and knew I would never make it through the whole thing if I tried to watch it all, so I tried to catch the highlights and I was anxious to find out who got voted off. I need to be careful about what I say, because I don't want it to come across like I don't care. I'm really glad they are doing this great thing and giving all this money to people who really need it. That part is great. But having a two hour show, and leading with the teaser "shocking results," and letting poor Jordin think she is going home before announcing that EVERYONE is safe was ridiculous. Honestly, I thought the girl was going to break into hysterics (and who knows?? I might have, too!) and she probably wasn't even close to being in the bottom two (I may be wrong). All I'm saying is if they wanted to have last night be about doing good and feeling good, they should've warned us earlier on. I know all the votes cast (70 million--wow) were doing more than just voting to keep people on, but don't you think they feel a little bit cheated?
Alright, I'm glad I got that off my chest, and to come back full circle, my chest is something I can thank pregnancy for, although it's harder to enjoy when it is eclipsed by the size of my belly.
No comments:
Post a Comment