I thought it might be fun for a fresh new look for spring (although it’s been so hot here the last few days that it has started reminding me that summer is coming!). I hear Allie crying in the other room, no doubt Damon has done something to make her cry, so I will make this quick. This is a short list of songs Damon has asked to listen to on the way to/from preschool (the time he gets to choose what we listen to).
1. Jesus, Take the Wheel. I guess he has forgiven Jesus for not being so nice.
2. Before He Cheats. We’ve also had many discussions about how it’s not okay to trash someone’s car when they cheat on you. And we’ve had many discussions about what it means to cheat (finally today he said, “At the end of the song, is he done kissing the other girl?”).
3. Starts With Good-bye. This comes directly after Before He Cheats on Carrie Underwood’s cd, so he has started to get attached. Although, I believe the words he used when asking for this one were, “I want the one that starts low and then gets high.” It’s one of my favorites, too.
4. “Strawberry Shortcake” (aka Strawberry Wine). I told him once that I loved this song and he hasn’t seemed to forget it. He even knows what cd it’s on (the one with the pokey things that are red and yellow).
5. Bad Day. In fact, Allie asked for this one today.
6. (note: these next songs are from the musical, Wicked, and I can’t begin to count the number of times we’ve listened to them). “Boo, Ahh.” (What is This Feeling?)
7. Popular.
8. “Emerald City” (One Short Day)
9. “Fiyero!” (No Good Deed)
10. Witchhunters
11. “Flying off the Handle” (Defying Gravity)
12. “Wicked” (No one Mourns the Wicked)
13. “Short Wicked” (Wicked Reprise)
14. “My Favorite Song.” This is usually on Sundays and either means “Praise to the Man” or “Come, Come Ye Saints”
No comments:
Post a Comment