Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Update

If you notice the timestamp on the previous post about Allie's bad day, you'll see that it was 4:44 when I posted the video clips. Allie released herself from the bathroom by cleaning up the tub toys at 7:00. She didn't scream the whole time (in fact, she didn't scream for longer than 30 mintues), but instead she laid on the floor, refusing to do anything. I locked her in there for a while, during which time she peed her pants. I probably would have blamed myself had she been locked anywhere BUT the bathroom.

Damon and I ate dinner at 6:00 (Jeff was at school late), but even the cornbread and honey butter weren't enough to entice her to clean up. I don't know what finally changed her mind, but at 7:00 she announced that it was all done. And it was. So ends another power struggle. Stubborn little thing.

7 comments:

Faith W said...

Oh, I so feel for you. But good for you for sticking to it. I love how Jeff was at school late that day too, doesn't it always end up that way? She is still stinking cute!

Heather B said...

Way to hold strong! She is a stubborn little gal, but I'm glad she was smart enough to stop crying.

Anonymous said...

Wow...good luck with that! I had a challenging two year old in my 3rd child. He still tends to be a challenge now and again but the good news is....the power struggles and tantrums are up! Whew! Good for you for just letting her work it out. We all have bad days that...let's face it...we'd like to lye on the floor and scream/cry! :)

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

What a good Mom you are for not caving in. I honestly don't know if I could have lasted that long. She sure is cute though!

jaesi said...

Your kids are so cute. You can tell she has alot of spunk! remind me how old she is again?

Robin said...

So funny that you catch these on video. You've inspired me to pull my video camera out more. Should be fun to get Harper's reaction when I stick that thing in her face during one of her tantrums! At least we'll be able to show them what we had to deal with later!

Holly Woolsey said...

Way to hold out Krystal!