It's always hard to get back into our weekly routine after a long weekend. I'm not complaining, because we had a lot of fun this Labor Day weekend, but I wasn't too motivated this morning to get up and get back at it.
Friday was our last weekday beach trip, as Jeff doesn't have any more Friday's off. It was one of our best of the summer--not crowded, no jellyfish, no crying kids...I have loved our beach Friday and hope that we will be able to still get out there a time or two.
College football started Saturday, much to Jeff's delight. He got to spend a little "quality time" with Kyla, introducing her to the game he loves. Note the remote in his hand. Kyla was almost asleep, so I'm sure that's why she looks so disinterested. It couldn't possibly be because she has no idea what is going on.

Yesterday for Labor Day we went with a bunch of friends to a little water park in St. Mary's, Georgia, about 45 minutes away. It was so much more fun than I even expected it would be, although the day didn't start off particularly well. Jeff and I decided not to wear our swimsuits to the park, but to bring them to change into once we got there. But when we arrived, they were nowhere to be found (in fact, they were still in a bag sitting on the bed--how they didn't make it INTO the car, I don't know), and Jeff and I got to head back to Wal-Mart to browse their clearance section. Although neither of us particularly needed a new suit, we both ended up with one (fortunately for less than $10 a piece) and sported them at the water park. Sorry, no photos from yesterday; having more children than parents makes it terribly difficult to get any pictures taken, even though I HAD remembered to bring the camera. After a fun day of swimming, floating down the lazy river, and even a few rides down the waterslide, we headed back home for a BBQ put on by some of our friends. By the time we got home, it was time to put the kids to bed! Those are the best days and I only wish I had some pictures to remember it by. Oh well.
Here are some other pics that will have to do. I have loved spending time with Allie while Damon is at school. She is so much fun to play with, and is great at entertaining herself (yay!). Today I found her on her way out the door with her stroller, Bexley and her diaper bag. She told me she needed to take Bexley on a walk. How could I tell her no when she had gone to so much planning? The walk lasted about a minute and I snapped a picture of her as they came back in the house.
She has also resorted to talking to Kyla, as Damon is no longer around to tell things to. I love it. Here's a cute shot I got of them. I love Kyla's grin in this one.

One of the funniest things she has been doing is taking a book in the bathroom with her. She must have learned this from her dad, but it cracks me up when I see her in there reading to herself. And yes, she is naked most of the time, even though I am constantly putting her clothes back on her.

We borrowed Noel's Bumbo for Kyla to try out. Her legs are already almost too big for it, but I think she looks so darn cute when she's sitting up like a big girl. Don't ask me what that look on her face is.

Finally, here is one for Tara. I like to call Allie an "Esplin girl" when I put her in b-ball shorts and a ponytail. The shoes were actually Damon's, too, so she's really sporting the boy's clothes in this one. I'm not trying to force her to be sporty, but I will be glad to give her opportunities to do so.

4 comments:
Love the Esplin girl look. Good work catching the remote in Jeff's hand for the picture. That's realism.
atta girl allie!!! she looks too cute and looks like an athlete!! hey did you get that package?
I love seeing Allie on the potty with a book. Funny the kids watch you do and then repeat!
Cute Cute Cute! Your girlies are darling. I love Allie taking Bex for a walk... She is very imaginative and creative. I hope she rubs off on TyTy.
Post a Comment