Friday, August 03, 2007

By the Numbers


As you have watched Kyla growing and changing every day, I'm sure the burning question on your mind is "Will she get as big as Damon was?" That remains to be seen, but she is well on her way. We had her two month checkup today and she topped the scale at 13 lbs 3 oz, which is 90th percentile! That's my chubby girl! She was also 23 inches long, which is 75th percentile (not nearly as impressive, but we don't expect her to be very tall). Now, I don't know what Damon's stats were at two months, but at three months he weighed 15 lbs 3 oz, so she's got some growing to do if she wants to match that. Allie was only 12 lbs 1 oz at her two month appointment, so right now it seems that Kyla is somewhere in between the two.
Now, for a few numbers:

57- Number of times Damon kissed Kyla in one day. And those were the ones I saw. He may have slipped in a few more when I was out of the room. Here's a picture of classic Damon (Kyla was about a week old here).


5-Number of hours I was gone to bookclub last night. We did discuss the book (Life of Pi) for quite a while, but no bookclub would be complete without eating and chatting about things other than books. Good times.

14- Number of days since I was stung by the jellyfish. It has taken that long for the wound to stop bothering me. It blistered and itched like crazy about a week ago (just when I thought it was getting better), and I'm guessing it will leave a pretty good scar. What a nasty creature, that jellyfish! If you look closely, you can see the blisters.



2- Number of pounds I've lost since last time we were at the pediatrician's office (a month ago). Progress, sure, but not all the encouraging.

$24.85-Amount I paid the library in lost book/fines yesterday. I don't know what happened to Comets, Stars, the Moon and Mars, but I guess if we find it, it's now ours to keep. I think if I can make it the rest of the time here in Florida without getting any fines I should get a prize, like a nice dinner somewhere...now I just need to inform Jeff of that plan.

Hundreds- Number of times I have heard "Book of Mormon Stories" from Damon and Allie in the past few days. They sing it over and over and over. Their favorite verse is the one about Abinadi. Allie will sing "He was true, and he died righteously" no matter where we are. I'm sure most people have no idea what kind of wacky parent I am, teaching my daughter songs about someone dying righteously. I'm all for learning and singing primary songs, but could they learn another one perhaps??



7 comments:

Heather B said...

I had to chuckle at the thought of Allie singing about Abinidi all the time. She should leave me a message singing it on my phone.

Good girl Kyla!! That's such a cute picture of her with a big grin from Jeff.

I can't believe the jellyfish wound is taking so long to heal!! I had no idea!!!

lisa h. said...

oh yeah, love it! evan belted out "follow the prophet" while in kroger the other week...i wondered what people were thinking...

so sorry about the jellyfish, i hope it doesn't scar.

i was at bookclub 3 1/2 hrs last night! what a good thing is bookclub!

i have 3 missing computer games due at the library tomorrow and i really hope i don't have to pay too much to replace them...

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures! Kyla is adorable! And Damon is such a sweet big brother!
I'm upset I had to miss book club this week! It sounded like lots of fun! What's our next book?

And congrats on the 2 lbs! I wish I could say the same! I've probably gained 2 or more lbs!

Reba said...

Once we paid 29.50 to the library for a book that was 3.23 on amazon. I was so erked.

J* said...

Ha! I laughed out loud at the fines and Book Of Mormon Stories...what fun kids are.
Don't worry about only 2 lbs although I'm sure you wished it were 20...wait a second, you don't need to loose 20. Anyway...the rest will eventually "melt" and you look so good anyway!!! It's always easier to feel bigger than you actually are.
Hey!!!! 2 days until Eclipse is out. Can you hardly believe it? I've forgotten quite a bit, but am sure I'll have noooo problem getting back into it.
~Jessica

jaesi said...

Krystal, I love to read your posts.
I was stung by a jelly fish 2 summers ago and it was terrible. I hate hate hate those things!
You will have to feel me in on being a mom of 3....it came sooner that we thought :)

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

i can't believe the jellyfish sting. it still looks huge! and for that many days ago.crazy!