Sunday, August 26, 2007

Miss South Carolina

This is just too funny! Thanks to Patti for posting this on her blog so I could enjoy it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. A couple of notes before you watch it:

1. You can clearly tell that she's trying not to say the word "like," but is trying to replace it with the more scholastic "such as," although she fails at that.

2. She doesn't answer the question, but instead rambles on nonsensically about South Africa and THE Iraq, and so typifies the very "U.S. Americans" who can't find the U.S. on a map. Did anyone test her on that, I'd like to know?

3. She made it to the top five. Yikes!

8 comments:

Robin said...

Probably one of the "people such as" that needs to invest a little more in education and maybe not so much in pretty gowns.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

That was painful to watch!

lisa h. said...

as someone from south carolina i have to say, she does not represent the typical southern....ummm and the fact that SC has really bad schools may have something to do with it.

those poor families with no map access!

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

oh geez this poor girl.......and to be in the top 5.

jaesi said...

wha ha ha ha.... I wasted 2 hours that night and watched that show.
Pretty painful. At least the girl who won looks up to Paris Hilton :)
p.s. I lived in Charleston and I still wished I was there..

Laura said...

If I were the guy holding the mircrophone for her I would have done her a favor by dropping it about 5 seconds into her response. That was just sad

Heather B said...

Mario is TOTALLY trying to hold in the laughter there at the end. This is hilarious. We watched it so many times laughing. Oh, but it's so sad too.

{Annie N.} said...

Haha my husband showed me this last night. That is too funny. Poor girl!