
Sunday was mine and Jeff's seven year anniversary. Yay for seven years! Most of our wedding pictures are in the bedroom where Kyla is currently sleeping, but for some reason we scanned this one on the computer. It's not one of my favorites or anything, so I don't know why we scanned it, but posting this one is a much better alternative to going in Kyla's closet and rummaging around.
In honor of our seven years together, I thought I would tell you a few things you might not know about my sweetie, two for every year we've been married. This is the "truth or partial truth" version. Everything is true except for one tiny thing. See if you can guess what isn't true.
1. He claims he can open a can of tuna fish without getting any on his fingers. I don't remember whether or not I believe him.
2. He had jaw surgery after we had been married for about a year to correct his bite. He also had to have a bone graft to fill in his cheeks.
3. He has had braces three different times, leaving the roots on his front four teeth really short. He's always afraid that his teeth are going to get knocked out and I see him standing in front of the mirror wiggling them to see if they are any looser.
4. He graduated with a degree in Geography from BYU, not only because it was one of the shortest majors, but he because he loves geography.
5. He collects coins, currency, maps and sports cards.
6. Although his eyes aren't too bad (compared to a lot of people), he can't wait to have Lasik done.
7. He loves reading about the discovery and exploration of America. He served his mission in the Dominican Republic, where Christopher Columbus created the first settlement in the new world. That may have something to do with it.
8. His greatest love (other than me, of course) is college football. He loves THE Ohio State Buckeyes more than anyone else, but still loves the BYU Cougars. He also can't stand the Florida Gators, although he doesn't broadcast that much here in Florida.
2. He had jaw surgery after we had been married for about a year to correct his bite. He also had to have a bone graft to fill in his cheeks.
3. He has had braces three different times, leaving the roots on his front four teeth really short. He's always afraid that his teeth are going to get knocked out and I see him standing in front of the mirror wiggling them to see if they are any looser.
4. He graduated with a degree in Geography from BYU, not only because it was one of the shortest majors, but he because he loves geography.
5. He collects coins, currency, maps and sports cards.
6. Although his eyes aren't too bad (compared to a lot of people), he can't wait to have Lasik done.
7. He loves reading about the discovery and exploration of America. He served his mission in the Dominican Republic, where Christopher Columbus created the first settlement in the new world. That may have something to do with it.
8. His greatest love (other than me, of course) is college football. He loves THE Ohio State Buckeyes more than anyone else, but still loves the BYU Cougars. He also can't stand the Florida Gators, although he doesn't broadcast that much here in Florida.
9. I have only seen him cry twice in my life, and I don't think there have been many times other than that. He's just one of the most stable, steady people you will ever meet.
10. He can play the piano, although he doesn't think he's as good as he really is. He can sight read most hymns and has a few songs memorized that he can sit down and play (Maple Leaf Rag, the Charlie Brown theme song, and "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey).
11. He's got a great singing voice, but doesn't consider himself a soloist. When he was trying to win me over, he learned "It's Your Love" on the guitar and sang it to me. It worked.
12. He gets the words wrong to songs a lot, which I find very funny.
13. He loves fishing, and one of his dream vacations would be fishing in Alaska. He also went fishing in south Florida for lemon shark, which scares me a little bit.
14. He is the perfect match for me. {"She's your match, Henry" (name that movie for a bonus point)}. We love so many of the same things and we are both calm and rational, so we don't really ever fight. Everyone said that would change as time went on, and kids came into our family, but I love the fact that it hasn't. I love you, Jeff, even though I doubt you'll ever read this!
10. He can play the piano, although he doesn't think he's as good as he really is. He can sight read most hymns and has a few songs memorized that he can sit down and play (Maple Leaf Rag, the Charlie Brown theme song, and "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey).
11. He's got a great singing voice, but doesn't consider himself a soloist. When he was trying to win me over, he learned "It's Your Love" on the guitar and sang it to me. It worked.
12. He gets the words wrong to songs a lot, which I find very funny.
13. He loves fishing, and one of his dream vacations would be fishing in Alaska. He also went fishing in south Florida for lemon shark, which scares me a little bit.
14. He is the perfect match for me. {"She's your match, Henry" (name that movie for a bonus point)}. We love so many of the same things and we are both calm and rational, so we don't really ever fight. Everyone said that would change as time went on, and kids came into our family, but I love the fact that it hasn't. I love you, Jeff, even though I doubt you'll ever read this!
p.s. this was supposed to be another pic of Jeff and me, but I can't seem to find any...interesting.
12 comments:
I can't guess the "Tiny" untrue thing... I love that you did that. I will tell Jeff to read it when I see him next. You brought me to tears. I am so happy that I live by such stable, rational, loving people (I am not always stable and/or rational--I tell Greg it keeps his life exciting!)
Love you both! Congrats on 7 years~!
That is really sweet. I don't know the untrue thing either, but that's ok! Congrats!
Congrats on 7 years. I wish I could learn that tuna fish trick. The smell of tuna juice makes me gag. Oh, and could that line be from "what a girl wants?" No, wait is it from "a cinderalla story?" I can't be sure. Anyways congrats again.
Okay, so I think it's the movie "ever after", right? I am such a geek when it comes to trivia.
YES! EVER AFTER! One of the best movies of all time. ("If you...suffer your people to be ill educated, and their manners corrupted from infancy..." --our favorite quote)
ANYWAY, SEVEN YEARS, holy cow, I thought it had only been six. Amazing. Happy Anni to you guys. The only partial truth I could even try at is...does he really love the Buckeyes MORE than the COUGARS?
Happy Anniversary! I don't know Jeff, but I was glad to learn a few things about him. It does sound like you are a perfect match!
congrats! sounds like it's a good thing jeff went to dental school, with the teeth/jaw issues!
Happy anniversary! You two have "matured" very nicely. It's obvious that you don't fight, but slightly contradictory for such an athletic couple. I admire your sweetness toward each other.
Ok--My guess is that jeff had jaw surgery more than 1 year after you were married...maybe about 3 years after? I remember the stories when we were loyal Nebo Warriors :)
Maybe he's a little afraid of Lasik. I don't know, you did a great job!
I LOVE the wedding picture! You both look so great and so young! 7 years! wow! You should post more!
Happy Anniversary!! I love all of the things you wrote about him. You are a great example of how to show appreciation for your spouse!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment