Thursday, August 23, 2007

Welcome to the beach!

Unlike her cousin Tyson, Kyla was never great at sleeping through our beach days when she was little (listen to me talk about her like she's all grown up!), but maybe she is figuring things out, because she has been such a happy little beach bum the last couple of times we've gone. Last week I even broke out the swimsuit, mostly for looks, and we dipped her toes in the Atlantic for the first time.




I can't say with one hundred percent certainty that she was hooked and can't wait to go back, but she didn't complain (despite the face she is making in this picture--I blame in on the fact that it looks as though her arms are being ripped from their sockets). The suit claims to be size 12 months, but I think it's mislabeled. Her thighs are looking quite chunky these days, a trait I am trying desperately not to share with her.




After all the fun in the water (that totaled about 2 minutes), she lounged with me in the shade. Noel took this picture of her peaceful slumber. Try to focus on the sweet sleeping baby and not the tighty whitey mama holding her (unfortuanately, I have spent far less time in the sun than the rest of the family, due to the fact that Kyla prefers not to have the sun ruin her perfect skin).

She may not be able to enjoy the beach as much as the rest of us, but at least she has the right attire (that is something she has in common with Tyson)!

9 comments:

Denise said...

Oh my goodness! Look at those legs!! So cute.

Mariah said...

Oh, she is getting to be a cute little chunk. Maybe between her, Tyson, and Patti's daughter, they could loan Parker some rolls!! She looks like she is enjoying the beach. I really need to take Parker back. We haven't gone since the 4th of July--I think.

Reba said...

those thighs are adorable.
i'm sure she'll be so glad you pull out these pictures for her wedding slide show :)

Lisha said...

Yes, I too love those rolly polly legs! She will definitely get a crack out of that picture when she's older. What a cutie!

Lindsay said...

What an adorable bathing suit! And Kyla is so cute! Roles and all!

Anonymous said...

LOVE those pictures! We missed you on Friday. See you next Friday?? I am planning on it :P

Shannon Sundberg said...

You have such a great family. I can't believe we are sending our kids to school! Damon looks so grown up! We miss you guys. I can't believe how much your kids have changed! Oh and Happy Anniversary!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Kyla is so adorable!! I love those chunky legs. She could share some with Austin. I don't know what it is, but my kids just don't get the rolls. :0( I'll just admire Kyla's everytime I check your blog! :0)

Heather B said...

So I'm finally getting caught up on your blog! I love all these pictures! NOW I get what you were saying about your chub. She's so dang adorable. I have a few items of baby clothing that positively HAVE to be mis-labeled too. Weird.