Because he had been aware that it was loose for some time before it actually fell out, I thought he would probably have had enough time to prepare himself for the coming of the tooth fairy and that it wouldn't be as traumatic as he had anticipated. But when it came time to actually put the tooth under his pillow, he refused. He was ready to throw the tooth away in the trash, rather than face the prospect of a "scary fairy" coming into his room while he slept. We tried to reason with him for a while, but eventually gave up. Instead, we let Allie put the tooth under her pillow. She was good with the plan until Jeff and I got up to leave the room. Then she started crying, "I don't like the tooth!" Instantly, Damon jumped in, trying to convince her that it wouldn't be scary, as long as he didn't have to have the tooth on his bed (not even at the foot of the bed, as Jeff suggested). Allie eventually calmed down and was the proud recipient of one dollar the next morning. Damon didn't seem to care too much that she was collecting his tooth money, but did admit that he will probably be ready to put his next tooth under his own pillow. Crazy kid.
Allie has become quite good at dressing herself; that is, if your definition of "dressing yourself" means getting some type of clothing over some part of your body. This is a particularly memorable outfit she conjured up so she could go outside.
Pajama shorts over one arm, and a different pajama top around the waist. No underwear. Perfect! When she tried to go outside this way, though, she was sent back in by her daddy for being too immodest. Does anyone else think he was being too strict? Look from the backside and then decide.
Lastly, the mosquitoes have come back in full force. Since it's been nice enough to actually go outside in the evenings, we've been out a lot lately (Allie, only when her bum isn't showing). One night was terrible and we all came in with dozens of bites. Allie and I got it the worst. Here we are sporting calamine lotion all over our bites. I HATE mosquitoes.
11 comments:
I can't stop laughing! That picture is a total keeper!
Allie is hilarious! I loved that picture of her dressing herself. Classic!:)
oh my goodness! I was laughing so hard! Anna was sitting with me and she started laughing too. What cute kids you have! And the tooth fairy...I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being afraid of the tooth fairy. Glad it ended up going ok!
Great post Krystal - I think Tanner will join Damon on the irrational tooth fears. Tho he isn't afraid of the fairy, just of HUGE replacement teeth filling up the tiny holes left by baby teeth. Sorry about the bites!
nice tan allie!!!!
the tooth story is hilarious!!! wow, i'm still laughing!!! i guess it is kinda scary if you think about some fairy coming into your room while you sleep...
hey, Skin So Soft by avon works great to keep the mosquitoes away!
Krystal! The pictures of your little girl is hilarious! What a great photo!
That is so funny! I read the "does anyone else think he is being too strict?" part before I saw the bum picture! I laughed out loud, hard! So, so funny!
Those are great pictures and stories! You definitely need to save them because they will be very embarrased by them when they are older! And I think Allie would fit right in here at our house if you ever want a break! (It's just too bad we live half way accross the country)
Too cute. Do you carry your camera around your neck all the time? You always get the best shots. Such personality!
LOVE the Allie Picture!
Forget modesty---that cannot feel good! So funny.
Post a Comment