Damon loves Conference. In keeping with a tradition from my childhood, he gets to play some type of Conference Bingo with Skittles. This year we used the Friend's idea and assigned six topics a different color. When he heard any of the words on his list, he would put a Skittle on it. As soon as the speaker finished, he could eat any he had on his page (usually all in one bite). The first 5+ minutes of the talk were the best. The rest of the talk was filled with "when is he going to be done?" Still, I'd say it was a success.
Damon also had his second encounter with the Tooth Fairy. This one was much more positive. He actually put this tooth under his own pillow and collected his own dollar. Progress.
If you wondered why my Avatar is wearing pajamas at the doctor's office, there is a reason. I spent Thursday taking care of a severely plugged milk duct/mastitis. I will spare you the details of the condition of my breast, but it was extremely painful. My doc felt sure it had abscessed and sent me to get an ultrasound on it while he was making me an appointment with a surgeon. Fortunately, there was no absecess and I was able to get the plug out later that night with another round of pumping. I am on some heavy antibiotics (most likely unnecssary, if you ask me, since there was no abscess) and I can't nurse while I'm taking them. Kyla is a champ and will take any combination of frozen breast milk/formula I offer her. The good news is that I'm feeling much better, although the drugs make me dizzy, drowsy, nauseated and give me diarrhea.
Here are a few more pics from the weekend for your enjoyment. Do you think Kyla looks like Damon?
I love this one of Jeff and Kyla. I love the expression on Jeff's face just as much as the one on Kyla's.
And finally one to prove that I do, in fact, exist. I love this Halloween outfit of Kyla's, and asked Damon to take the picture for me, hence the unconventional angle of the shot.
7 comments:
I love the idea you had with conference. I would like to know more about it...what words did he listen for, how did you set it up? Great idea!
Sorry about the "masty" boob...ouch! Hope that heals quick for ya :)
SO sorry to hear about the mastitis, I'm glad it's working out okay. CA-UTE pictures of Damon, he is looking quite photogenic. And Kyla is darling as ever, I adore the pummy-ummy-umpkin outfit! Wish I was there! Have a great cruise!
I'm so glad you are doing ok. I saw your avatar and was starting to worry that something was wrong. That's no fun about the mastitis though. Love the pictures!
You have a cute family Krystal! I'm so sorry about the mastitis. That is SOO painful! I hope you'll be able to get over it quickly! Also, I noticed you mentioned Edward...I just finished the Twilight series and I am so in love with those books! I can't wait for book four!
Damon and Kyla do look alike. Glad to hear the tooth fairy went better the second go round. Great conference idea. We'll have to try your technique come April. I love Ali's haircut too.
Great idea for conference with kids, have to remember that one in April, and sooo sorry about the mastitis. I feel like I want to die when those come on. Glad to hear you are on the mend!
Post a Comment