As you can see, she loves blogging as much as I do. Also, do you get the feeling that Damon's world consists of his mom and his little sister? You would be correct.
And here is a picture of how I have been spending many hours these past few days, reading Harry Potter.
I just finished last night and I am still panting and gasping for breath (I'm not going to give anything away, so if you haven't read it yet, but are planning to, there WON'T be any spoilers here). I haven't bought any of the others in hardback, and even though I was sorely tempted to buy this one, I withheld. I borrowed this one from a friend after she sped through it in two days. I had just finished rereading #6 so I would be ready for this one, and just in the nick of time, it turns out. I tried hard to read it slowly, and to savor every little bit, but when things got exciting the last 200 pages or so I had to neglect my family and dive right into JK Rowling's world (to be fair, Damon and Allie were in bed, so it was just Jeff and Kyla I neglected).
It was everything I hoped it would be. I laughed, I cried, I predicted some things correctly, I was terribly wrong on others, and I enjoyed it more than I even thought I could. When I was finished I had an overwhelming feeling of love for my kids (a little strange, as I'm sure JK Rowling never intended that to be a response to reading it) and I had to give them all a little squeeze. I am sure I dreamt about it, but when I woke up, I was a little bit sad that it was all over. I want to go back and read some parts again. And someday I will read them all to Damon (provided he gets over his fear of anything remotely scary), and hope he will make them a part of his world, too.
3 comments:
It was a good book wasn't it. I don't buy books, I borrowed mine from the library. I read nonstop, no savoring it for me. I am now tired from all the late night reading.
Kyla makes cute funny faces in her pictures. I'm glad the last HP book was good, I'm going to get on it, well, I need to get on books 5, 6, and then 7. :)
I cried for the same reasons. I just wanted to scoop up Isaac and hug him to death.
~Jessica
Post a Comment