Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Two Months

As Heather observed, the most asked question when you are pregnant is "Is it a boy or a girl?," followed by "Have you picked out any names?" After the baby is born, though, there is one question that is asked more than any other. And that is "Who does she look like?"

Jeff had barely finished cutting Kyla's cord and the nurses were still wiping her with warm towels, yet my mom and I were gazing expectantly at her, wondering who she looked like. "She's got Allie's nose," my mom said, "and Damon's chin. But where did she get that fair skin?" Of course, in a matter of minutes, her skin was no longer so pale and in fact, she didn't look all that much like the baby I remembered holding before. Now she is two months old, and only slightly resembles the baby we brought home from the hospital.

Here is the two month photo of her and Bexley. You can tell that she is getting bigger, and you can also tell that Bexley is in serious need of a trip to the washing machine. All the medicine Allie has rubbed on her has left its mark.





And the post wouldn't be complete without a picture of her huge grin. She may not be the most photogenic child you ever saw, but can you really help but smile when you see something like this?


And one minute later she wasn't quite so happy. Is she trying to flip me the bird?



We heard her first giggle the other night, too. I was making silly faces at her and we were rewarded with a slightly awkward laugh, as well as various cooing noises. Amazing what gets me excited these days.

One more thing. I will leave you with something I heard Damon saying to Allie yesterday.
"When you grow up, you will have breasts. Right now you only have nipples."
It really makes me wonder what else was going on in there...

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures Krystal! I think Kyla looks like her mama!

Lisha said...

Greatpictures! I think Kyla looks like you too! That's funny what Damon said. Kason always told people that I was feeding Aubrey from my belly button!:)

Heather B said...

Yay, more Kyla pictures! She really does just keep changing, but WHAT A CUTIE!! That big grin is just killer. And Damon's comment is the funniest ever. Although I think I say that with every comment he makes...

{Annie N.} said...

How cute it your baby? I love her cheeks! What a cute little family you have. It's fun to see what you've been up to. Annie

Katherine said...

Oh how I love to read your pots!

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

oh that damon!! so smart! wow kyla has gotten big! she is too cute. i can see you in her and a little of both damon and allie.

Robin said...

Super cute! I love that smile! We might just have to have a little arranged marriage for our two.

The Leggs said...

She is growing up so fast!!!

lisa h. said...

damon cracks me up! and that is awesome about kyla giving you the bird - great picture! aren't kids great!