And so, we had one ten-year old (our next door neighbor, who Damon thinks is his best friend), six five-year olds, one four-year old, one three-year old and Allie come to our house for a party. Here is a picture of the whole crew. I am the primary teacher to most of these kids, so they all seemed to feel right at home (both a good thing and a bad thing, I guess).
We just did the basic party things; we played a couple games, ate lunch and birthday cake, opened presesnts, had a treasure hunt and busted open a pinata. I asked Damon if there was anything else he would want to change for future parties and he said no, that it was perfect. He may disagree when he watches the clip of him whacking the pinata, then crying because he couldn't find any candy.
Ever since we did a pinata last year, he has been planning on having one again. It was the only thing that we had to have and even though I made him choose the cheapest one they had at Wal-Mart, I think it was everything he hoped it would be. Oh, and yes, Damon dressed himself and told me if he got too hot in his jeans, he would just get a drink of water. Whatever works, I guess.
As for me, I am just relieved that it is over. The kids really were very well-behaved and we didn't have any problems, but it's nice not to have to think about it anymore. At least until next year.
1 comment:
Well, come now, ten years old or not, she was the one helping him get candy. What a good friend. :)
Post a Comment