In answer to some of the questions (fan mail) I have been getting lately...
I use HP Creative Scrapbook Assistant to do my pages. I decided against the Photoshop route because I just didn't want to put in the time to learn the program. I just want to be able to sit down and whip something out really quickly. I bought the program for myself and had Jeff give it to me for Christmas. You can find it for around $30.
All of the paper, embellishments, etc. I have found online for free (check out some of my links on this page). The program is easy to use and I have been happy with it.
I haven't printed any of my pages yet, but I have heard that Costco does a good job. A couple of friends say they are happy with the way their pages turn out. You can get a 12x12 done for $2.99 done either in Glossy or Lustre. My goal was to be caught up by the time Kyla turns one (at LEAST with her pages, and hopefully with our family's) and there is NO WAY I could make it if I wasn't doing digital. I'll let you know how they turn out when I get them printed.
You are all very sweet in complimenting me on the pages--honestly, if I can do it, anyone can do it. I still have a lot to learn and I hope my kids will be happy with the pages I DO get done, even if I am not all that thrilled about them.
4 comments:
I have found some great freebies here http://shabbyprincess.com/downloads.asp
and here
http://digitreats.typepad.com/
hope they help!
Once I get the guts up to try scrapbooking I will definitely be doing it digital. Thanks for your tips and example. The pages are darling. Thanks for the update on your plans. Sounds like this is going to be a "freedom filled" summer as you move from one spot to another and live out of suitcases. But moving into real working life has got to be exciting!!
I have never been a scrapbooker but now that I can do it digitally I might give it a try. I am not creative but if I have a page made and all I have to do is insert pictures, I could possibly do it. I know the feeling of being in limbo. I have moved many times and it isn't fun to feel unsettled. You will be settled in a great home in no time. Where do you plan on setting up camp?
Take Care,
Sara
I've met with the lady that started Scrapbook Dimensions magazine here in Utah. Her "method" of scrapbooking is called Hybrid and it combines digital printout pages and adding a few embellishments on top of that to give it a 3-D look. So, if anyone has a hard time switching from traditional to digital,her magazine is interesting and informative. (You can go to their website and look for more digital supplies, etc. and hopefully some are free.) I am looking forward to switching to digital--thanks for sharing your info. about the program and links.
Post a Comment