Tuesday, April 08, 2008

In Pictures

Okay, last week I didn't post many pictures, what with all the craziness we were facing. So, here is a brief recap of what we did, along with some commentary.
WEDNESDAY: Damon and I went on a "date." He had been wanting to go bowling for a long time, and his date night kept getting pushed back for one reason or another. So, after a quick dinner Wednesday night, we headed to Bowl America, which was surprisingly crowded for a Wednesday night.
Things you're thinking that you don't actually say: "Wow, Krystal, that's a huge vein in your forearm."


You're thinking: "The ball matches Damon's cheek. Doesn't she own any sunblock?"


You're thinking: "I'll bet she asks him to pose that way just to get under Jeff's skin."
THURSDAY we had to show the house again (as you well know). It was also day 4 of Damon's spring break. This was around 4:00.
You're thinking: "Where was their mother during all this destruction?" I'm thinking: "When will spring break end?"
Later that night, we went to Red Lobster for a celebration dinner. Actually, it was during our 7:00 showing of the house and we needed to be gone for an extended period of time. And we had a gift card we'd been saving since Christmas and decided we would go, and HOPE it was a celebration of a successful showing.
You're thinking: "Are you guys crazy taking three kids to a sit down restaurant?"

And now you're thinking: "Ah, I see the strategy--let Allie eat the ranch dressing with a spoon, her fingers, and her tongue. That will keep her quiet for a while."

You're thinking: "That's one cute baby, even with food all over her shirt. I bet she was the loudest of the three kids during dinner." You'd be right.

This was just after dinner, while Jeff was waiting to pay the check. We took pity on the other customers and waited outside.

You're thinking: "Does Allie ever look at the camera?" and "Didn't she used to be photogenic?" I'm thinking the same things.

SATURDAY/SUNDAY: Conference. The kids did their usual activities. Damon actually looks forward to conference because of all the candy he gets to eat. Allie couldn't help but be excited too.

You're thinking: "That's a lot of candy. But I don't blame you."

And here are a couple shots of Kyla from the week. She was tagged by Kalia, so here are a few facts you may not know about her. She has started standing by herself for a few seconds at a time. That's fun. She got her first tooth (top middle) after repeated falls drew blood and wore away the gums. She has been sad a lot lately. Maybe teeth? Maybe she's just tired of being the happy one? Who knows.

She can patty-cake, shake her head when I say no, and even started signing ("eat" ). She also shares a love of Jeff's lizards and can often be found in "talking" to them.

You're thinking: "Wow, that must have taken a lot of time. I hope she didn't neglect her kids too much while writing this post."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love Red Lobster because my kids always seem to act the best there compared to other restaurants. I don't know what it is--maybe the live lobsters? They are also big fans of the ranch dressing.

Heather B said...

I love the Kyla/lizard picture. She is so dang cute. Actually I loved all the pictures, Damon's class picture is so funny, you'd think you lived in Baton Rouge or something. Love the new blog header too, looks great!

Holly Wilcox said...

That was funny. I don't think I would have seen or thought any of those "you're thinking" things, until you pointed them out. :)
Your kids are so cute- Damon has the cutest smile.

Denise said...

all I was thinking was "what cute kids"

Dehner Family said...

Cute pictures! I love the date night bowling idea.
Good luck selling your house. What a pain to have showings with three kids - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

AnnDee said...

You are so funny. I love to read your posts, because they are real and still I am wishing I were you. Some blogs seem so fake. Your scrapbook pages are great. I may have to look into that! Good luck with up coming major decisions... Go to the beach as much as you can till you leave. :)

The Keetch Family said...

So that's what life will be like with 3 kids.....why didn't anyone tell me. Oh well...too late for me. cute cute pics. You are a fun mom. We just put our house on the market today. How will I ever have my house perfect for showings....oh scary. Where are you guys moving to????

Anonymous said...

wow...did you have fun pretending to think we all think you're a loser and 1/2......not! All I can say is you do what ya gotta do. People in restaurants can get over it and go home....Allie....better Ranch than butter like Zoie. You go girl. Damon....you really should decide if he's gonna be red or white! (your school picture post ;)) And Kyla...just wants to see what other ways she can get her own way! You are a perfect mom....and I mean that!

Britain said...

I love the "you're thinking" post. I may do one in the future and dedicate it to you. I also love that someone else has to deal with the trail that three kids leave behind. Fortunately Payton and Ryan can be bribed. I am thinking about using housefairy.com but haven't decided yet.