Thursday, April 24, 2008

Odds and Ends

Let's try this list style, shall we?
  1. Thanks for the comments about the blog layout. I wish I could take credit for it, but all I made was the header. A few of you have visited THIS SITE for your new layouts, so I couldn't fool you any way. If you scroll down a little, there are a bunch of free layouts you can use for your blog and you won't lose any of your links. It took me a few minutes to figure it all out, but I like the new look. A little love for Florida.
  2. Allie is turning three next week and I think she's coming out of the terrible twos. She has been very pleasant lately, obeying about 50% of the time (quite an improvement). One of my favorite memories of her was a couple weeks ago we were playing Mother May I after our FHE lesson. Allie and Damon were standing by the door and I instructed her to take three steps toward me. She looked at me, trying hard to remember her line, and said, "Mamma Mia!" She would've fit in nicely on American Idol this week.
  3. Speaking of Allie, here is a short list of songs she has asked to listen to lately: Teardrops on My Guitar by Taylor Swift, Our Song by Taylor Swift (to which she commented, "I love this one!"), No One by Alicia Keys (we know how she feels about her), "It's Too Late to Call the Jize" (Apologize) by One Republic, "Afore He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood, Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts (she learned the beauty of REPEAT on her cd player with this one) and her all-time favorite, All American Girl by Carrie Underwood (to which she knows all the words and sings into her toy microphone).
  4. And a short list of songs she has been banned from listening to: "Apple Bottom Jeans" (Low) by Flo Rida (It's so catchy, and I hadn't really listened to the words. I regret that now. She was barred from this song after she couldn't stop singing it one Sunday. I'm lucky I haven't been struck by lightning.). "I Hate that Stupid.."(Picture to Burn) by Taylor Swift ("hate" and "stupid" are two of the banned words in our house), and Life is a Highway. Because of the REPEAT feature.
  5. My baby is so big! And she's into everything! It has made packing a little tricky. Here is one of her favorite spots--the fake trees we have in the house.

She also loves pulling the books off the bookshelf in the kids room. But those are packed now. "How rude," as Allie would say.


I'm sure there are more things I had planned to write when I first sat down, but the kids aren't cooperating. So that's it for now.

8 comments:

Heather B said...

That is so funny about Allie. I can't believe she's almost three, but I'm glad she's obeying a little more. Also, Kalia gets into the EXACT same stuff, those messy little sticks at the bottom of our fake trees. What's so enticing. Kyla looks so big, can't believe she's almost 1.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to give you encouragment that she'll "snap" out of the twos....Ben is just now getting to what feels normal...he's 8. I didn't say that to make you tired, just gear up for more! We love Taylor Swift too...I'm grateful for a 1/2 way decent "famous" role model!

Lindsay said...

Kyla is SO CUTE!!! I'm going to miss her (and you guys too!) so much!
I tried to go to the link you provided (the site where you got your new blog layout) and I got a message that said the site didnt exist. What's the actual url address? I've been looking for a new layout too and it would be great if I didnt lose my links in the process!

Dehner Family said...

I hear you on the turning three thing. Myles has been two for 3 months and I'm going crazy. I hope we survive.

Denise said...

I do love the new look of your blog!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I have a plant in my house that I have been wondering if I am going to be able to keep where it is once little Nathan comes and starts "moving" around. That picture of Allie made me think that it might now make it!! hehe :) Do you leave plants around? Do your kids learn quickly that they are a "No-No?"

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Also, I mean the picture of Kyla, not Allie!

jaesi said...

Krystal, you are a good mom. Apple bottom jeans is my kids FAV song right now. I let them listen to it so I can laugh at them dancing.....I probably shouldnt.