Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A thousand words

I have been busy packing. I have a lot of thoughts that may never make it to the blog. But I'm okay with that. This is a quickie today.

You know the saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

I love this picture. I wish we had a better camera and an ounce of knowledge when it came to photography (Jeff has volunteered to take on that task--although he is interested in photographing nature. I don't mind that, as long as the kids get in a shot every once in a while). But I saw Allie like this and had to shoot away. It was too priceless. I asked her what she was doing. She said, "just watching the big waves."





What does it say to you?

I'll share my thoughts later.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's a lot deeper thinker than we give her credit! What a sweet picture!

Anonymous said...

It makes me glad to have children. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child, as cliche as it might sound, really does bring happiness and wonderment to our adult world. What a great picture.

Heather said...

"I'm sure gonna miss this ocean!"

Brian Adair Fam said...

What a great picture! Allie is such a sweet girl. I think she's wondering if she'll see this ocean again. I hope the packing is going well. Good luck with it all!

Heather B said...

Your new background is AWESOME!

Greg and Tammy said...

You know that Utah doesn't have an ocean, right? How wonderful that you captured that moment of Allie enjoying the beach. And LOVED the blog about she and Jeff's date. That is sad and hysterical. Hope they get to go again soon!

jaesi said...

beautiful. Florida beaches and little girls are beautiful.

Good luck with packing and moving across the US!!! yikes!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

To me it just reminded me to enjoy every second and every experience. The world is so chaotic and most the time we just get caught up in it, when really 90% of it doesn't really matter. We just need to slow down and enjoy everything.

Laurie said...

Serenity? Peace? Happiness? Contentment? Nope just Jelousy. I am glad that you enjoyed it while you had it. Good luck with the move and congrats to Jeff for finishing 2 more years of school. I am happy for you guys to be done.