I'm down to just a few weeks left. We have decided that the best thing for us all is for me to move to Utah with the kids the first of May. Damon can finish kindergarten there (hopefully in the same class as his cousin, David) and then we can spend a month or so with my family, helping them as much as possible.
That means that we have to get packed up and ready to move in the next couple of weeks. And I am feeling jipped (sp?). I thought I would have two more months here to finish all that I wanted to do. In my head, I was planning a nice farewell, revisiting places I won't see again, and seeing new things I have meant to do before now. But it's not going to happen. And while I'm very excited about coming home, I just thought I'd have more time.
With only weeks left, I am trying frantically to condense my list. What do I absolutely want to cram into the time I have? Beach trips? Definitely. Another trip to Sea World? I'd like to. Camping at Manatee Springs? Not a chance.
And even after I choose a few activities to fill our remaining time, the truth is, it's just not enough. Because the things I wanted to do can't possibly be crammed into a month. There's not enough time for proper good-byes to all my friends. The memories I was planning to make won't happen now. And that's what makes me the most sad.
Tomorrow I will be excited about moving. Tomorrow I will be thrilled that I get to be close to my mom, and be able to help her out. Tomorrow I will start counting down the days until I get to see my family again. But today I'm just going to be sad. I just wanted a little more time.
10 comments:
Bittersweet. The surprise of a quick departure will leave you missing many of the things you wanted to do, but I'm sure the time spent with family, and your mom especially, will help you transition to this next exciting phase of your lives.
There are so many mixed emotions with a move. Just relax and enjoy the time you have left in Florida. Who knows, you might make it back there some day. I am still hoping to make it back to Knoxville, TN. It was one of my favorite places that we have lived. Good luck with everything!
Sara
You are not the only one who is sad...but the thing is, I'll be sad tomorrow too. Let me take those kids like I said a few times a week so you can get to work.
I feel your pain:( I just haven't really allowed myself to think about the sadness yet, so when I do, it's going to be really hard. At least we have the excitement of being close to our families. Good luck with all the packing, I've still got so much to do, and I have less than a week before the moving truck comes. Aaahhhh.
It was very sad when we had to leave Columbus. We still miss it at times--and there wasn't even a beach. ;) We live in Orem, so come visit when you get back out here.
We found out we are moving a lot sooner than we thought too. We are trying to make it to SeaWorld in a couple of weeks. But there is so much we haven't done yet, and probably won't do. We will miss you, but thank goodness for blogs!
We found out we are moving a lot sooner than we thought too. We are trying to make it to SeaWorld in a couple of weeks. But there is so much we haven't done yet, and probably won't do. We will miss you, but thank goodness for blogs!
I'm sorry that you won't have as much time as you would have liked to finish up your time in Florida, BUT I'm so excited you guys will actually be in the state. When Caden saw your blog and I told him you'd be here soon, the first thing he said was "so, that means that Damon can come over to play" and I said, "of course." Maybe they can practice their dancing and singing together. :)
2 things. 1.leaving sooner than thought is like taking a band aid off....just rip it off and it's all over. ;) and 2. who are you kidding. You have no time to go galavanting...you have to clean out from underneath the beds from when you were frantically cleaning to show the house! :)I hope that made you smile...or gave you one good belly laugh! Good luck...maybe I'll actually get to see you at some point! :)
Definitely a bittersweet time for you! I'm so glad you're going to be able to go home and help your mom out, but it is very difficult to leave sooner than planned. Good luck with packing and everything!
Post a Comment