So, Heather wanted to see some of the scrapbook pages I have been working on, but I haven't figured out how to post them yet. Anyone want to lend a hand, let me in on the secret? I exported them to a file in my documents, but that didn't work. Any assistance would be appreciated.
This week has been a busy one. After months of no action on the house (not IN the house, mind you:), suddenly things have picked up. Jeff's dad owns the house we live in and is really anxious to sell, even though it means he is going to lose money on it. Two days ago I got a call from Remax asking if they could show it at 3:30 and I said sure, a little surprised. I started straightening a few things (meaning, hiding books under the bed, etc) and mopped the kitchen floor. At 2:00, I heard people outside the front door, and assuming it was my kids coming back from Julie's I went to let them in. Imagine my surprise when it was a family trying to let themselves in with the key from our lock box. After nearly giving the woman a heart attack, I told her that I wasn't expecting them until 3:30 and wasn't ready (the floor was still wet, for heaven's sake!). She informed me that she was not the 3:30 showing but an earlier one. One that I hadn't been told about. Frustrating. I told her to give me a minute so I could quickly make a few last minute changes (hiding toys under beds) and hoping that the floor would dry quickly. I woke Kyla up from her nap and went to get the rest of my kids from Julie's. I must have taken too long because the potential buyers had left.
Jeff called a few minutes later and asked what was going on. He had gotten a call from the realtors and they told him, "We tried to show the house, but your wife turned them away." Yes, that was exactly what happened. I filled him in with the TRUTH and he said they were back on their way to the house. The kids and I packed up and headed to the mall to play (oh, and to spend a lot of money at Children's Place where they were having 30% off their sale prices!). We stalled long enough for both groups of people to look the house over and headed home. But not before returning the flip flops and shorts I found in our stroller, unpaid for (Allie means well, but she didn't even manage to shoplift things in her sizes).
After being informed of another showing for Wednesday, Jeff and I spent Tuesday night cleaning the carpets (they desperately needed it and we desperately needed motivation), disassembling the broken coffee table and hiding a few more things under beds. I also cleaned the back porch, which was quite an ordeal. We had to be out of the house for the 5:00 showing so I took the kids on an exciting outing to Publix. They snacked on their free cookies and we browsed all the aisles (some twice) and visited the restroom. I managed to remember to get one of the two things I really needed (forgot the poppy seeds, but I do have that drug test coming up, so maybe it was for the best). All of that took 30 minutes, so we visited Jeff at school as he was finishing. We got home, wondering if anyone had even come at all (it's hard to tell sometimes) and we found a surprise in the bathroom. Someone had rubbed deodorant all over the mirror without my knowledge. What you gonna do?
Anyway, I got another call today. Apparently, someone is very interested and wants to come tonight at 7:00 to see it again. I hope they want to buy it. I am tired of cleaning every day. Oh, and I hope they weren't too fond of the deodorant on the mirror. It's no longer there. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
13 comments:
I hate hate hate having to clean and have my house shown. It's seriouslyone of the biggest pains! I feel for you...and good luck cleaning under the beds when you get ready to pack! ;) Where and when ARE you moving? i'm thinking I must have missed that post or are just not getting it....!!
Ugh...the memories!!! I hated showing our condo in OH. The biggest pain EVER!! I really hope things go well and the house sells soon.
That has got to be so hard! I could have never gotten my house ready in a minute. And who rubs deodorant all over the mirror in someone's house?! Good luck and hang in there.
Yech...not fun to keep having to do that over and over...hope the very interested buyer makes an offer!
I didn't know your house was for sale. Oh I hope it works out for you! As far as the scrapbook pages, I am excited to see what you've been up to. The few that I did were really easy to post. Just make sure they are saved in jpeg and then post them just like a picture.
We move so much and it seems like we are always living in a home that is for sale (NOT THIS TIME!!!) So, I feel for you, I hate the feeling of knowing some stranger could come through at any time to literally snoop. Its awful. I hope all goes well and you sell soon!
This brings back not-so-great memories of selling our last house. It is the biggest pain ever! It took us 5 weeks to sell and it felt like an eternity. My favorite is when you spend all that time cleaning for a no-show. I do have to say that it was really nice to have the house always clean. Too bad that didn't carry over to our new house! Good luck!!
Wow, sounds hectic. Good luck. Really is it time for you guys to be done. 2 years sure goes quickly.
Good luck! Nothing worse than cleaning for showings...
Good luck with selling! We are dreading selling our place next year when Dave graduates! Do you already have a new place in Utah? If you do post some pictures!
I hope you sell fast too! It would be impossible for me to keep a house clean enough to show with 3 kids around .. sounds like you're doing a great job! Good luck!
Hey Girl! I just create my pages in photoshop, save them as a jpg into a folder on my desktop, and then open them just like any another jpg. That is also how I print them. I upload them to costco.com, order them, square size 12 by 12, and then go pick them up the next day. It is the best thing since I learned how to text! Love ya.
Krystal, do you do digital scrapbooking? What program do you use?
Post a Comment