- After 6 years of graduate school (4 dental, 2 orthodontics), Jeff will be finished with school June 28th. I couldn't be more proud of him and his dedication. That is a post in itself and I'll save it for another day.
- We will be moving in to the basement of the Trapnell Compound this summer. At one time we lived in the "Love Loft" (before kids), but are now moving up in the world and get to occupy the basement apartment. It's not much (if any) smaller than what we are living in now: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room, entrance from the garage...it's very nice. It's unclear how long we will be there (until we find a house we love enough to make a very BIG commitment to). If you ask Jeff he'll say we'll be there a year or less. If you ask me I say six months or less. I have a very good relationship with my in-laws and I'm not worried about any problems, but I am just really ready to be in our own house. I understand that it's a big commitment and we need time to really look and find our perfect fit. I just hope we can find it sooner rather than later.
- The three months in between are in limbo. Most likely we will need to be out of this house in a month (the man here the other night has made an offer on the house and wants to be in May 6th). This is where things get a little tricky. Damon doesn't finish school until June 5th, and I am not crazy about any of the options that include leaving my boys here. We are currently looking for a place to rent for a month or two, packing up the majority of our stuff and moving it across the country, leaving only the essentials here for us to use until we are ready to leave. It's crazy, and now that I feel this sudden rush, I'm not exactly sure how to feel. I guess we'll just take it as it comes and figure out one thing at a time.
Okay. Now to alleviate some of the stress you are all feeling (is it just me?), here are a couple quotes from the kids.
1. Only a few minutes ago I could hear Kyla in the kitchen and sent Allie in to investigate what she was doing in there. Imagining many different scenarios, I thought I was prepared for what I'd hear. I wasn't ready for this one: "She's eating all the tuna." Sure enough, tuna covered her face. Now, I know she can't open the fridge and the tupperware of tuna by herself...definitely fishy, don't you think? :)
2. The other night we were tucking the kids in bed and Jeff said, "Alright, goodnight you little monsters." Allie took offense to this comment and said, "We are NOT little!"
Now I'm off to my day. I may not know what the future holds exactly, but I do know what today holds--laundry, some cleaning, and washing tuna off of Kyla's face and sour cream out of her hair (also courtesy of Allie this morning).
7 comments:
Funny that Allie is offended at "little" but not "monsters". Looks like Kyla gets all the adventure in the house, sour cream, tuna...I love it. Good luck with all the stressful changes, we can't WAIT to have you here closer!
Good luck with the juggling of old house/new house. It will only be for a short while. Then you'll have a house of your own AND an income!
Good luck with the inbetween months! I'm sure everything will work out even though it seems so stressful now!
I'm glad that there was an offer on the house. That's a good thing, right? Anyway, I know you've made a few cross country moves in the last few years, but last time Jim and I moved we used ABF and it was awesome, cheap and worry free. You just pack up the truck and they bring it for you. Maybe having someone else take care of that part would alleviate some stress... Good luck getting it all figured out!
I sympathize with you. Moving is always hard but it is fun to move to a new place. I guess Utah isn't really new for you but for your kids it will be.
You are a super mom! All this and you still have time for scrapbooking. Those pages are adorable.
Yeah for in-laws with a big house so you have lots of room and don't feel pressured to buy a house before you can really go out and see what you want! Good luck with all your moving stuff!
Post a Comment